WORK WITH US
Come Join Our Adventuring Party!
Be a key part of bringing a new gaming platform to life on a team that loves creating and gaming.
Last Gameboard is a funded female-founded startup based in Colorado with a largely remote team. We are creating a new tabletop gaming platform with a large screen and advanced features for sensing game pieces and its environment allowing interactions impossible before now.
We are growing our foundational team, seeking highly effective forward-thinking designers, developers and engineers ready to get in early on something we are passionate about seeing grow.
Come be a key part of bringing a new gaming platform to life a team that loves creating and gaming.
If you enjoy creating and pushing the boundaries with paradigm shifting hardware, this is the role for you! You will act as a focal point among multiple world-class design and production partners to deliver mechanically robust cases, displays and touch stack-ups from initial concept to mass production.
Last Gameboard is a funded female-founded startup based in Colorado with a largely remote team. Last Gameboard is creating a new tabletop gaming console with a large screen and advanced features for sensing game pieces and its environment allows interactions impossible before now. The platform has game development partnerships from some of the best games on a tabletop. We are growing our foundational team, seeking highly effective forward-thinking engineers ready to get in early on something we are passionate about seeing grow.
- Expertise in plastic injection molding and stamped metal design, manufacturing, process, and metrology
- High energy personality with a real passion for learning and attention to detailExcellent prioritization, multi-functional collaboration, and written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals: properties of materials, solid mechanics, beam statics, Newtonian physics, and thermodynamics
- Use of the scientific method: hypothesis development, experiment design, and drawing conclusions based on data
- Experience developing electro-mechanical designs for high-volume, reliable products
- Experience with simulation and analysis methods (FEA, CFD, and statistical tolerance analysis)
- 3D software expertise: Solidworks
- Willingness and ability to travel (~15% travel, primarily Asia)
Requirements & Qualifications
- Perform rigorous tolerance analyses to ensure mechanical feasibility of the designs
- Create and refine technologies to improve the design, construction, and reliability of the case, stack-up and display.
- Run structural and thermal FEA simulations to evaluate performance and reliability over a variety of conditions
- Evaluate and select materials capable of achieving high-quality module performance while suitable for mass production
- Provide 3D and 2D documentation for Gameboard assemblies and components.
- Define mechanical and performance requirements for fit, quality, and reliability.
- Make sure the requirements are met across all suppliers.
- Audit factories to review assembly process, integration, and handling of displays and components at all stages to maintain quality and achieve high assembly yield.
- Perform failure analysis and create detailed reports to drive solid corrective actions.
- Communicate data and changes to product design, reliability, and senior management groups.Identify open mechanical design issues and drive them to closure.
- Deliver the necessary design documents and data for engineering builds and initial ramp.
- Address issues from initial ramp and field returns.
For Colorado Based Applicants
- The minimum target salary for this position is $85,000
- This position is eligible to receive ongoing equity grants
- Love of games (had to be said)
Android Core Apps and Skinning, Software Engineer (Remote)
Full or part-time remote work. Rate based on abilities/experience.
We are a venture capital backed, woman and minority founded and led, start-up with an active employee stock option pool. Equity option grants are a part of every position.
Come be a key part of bringing a new gaming platform to life on a team that loves creating and gaming.
If you enjoy hacking and customizing Android, creating beautiful Android interactivity, and have a tech lead mindset; if you understand the delivery of clean solutions, if you are ready to help build the backbone of an up-and-coming gaming platform then letʼs talk.
This is not just an app developer position. You will be building an embedded Android experience working with the AOSP build system and use private framework APIs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Customize Android Open Source Project for Gameboard.
- Create plans for Android bootloading, updates, security, skinning, and services
- Develop core Android applications and services
- Produce effective and maintainable software/systems.
- Interface with content developers, developer relations team, product team, experience designers, etc. to convert use-cases into concrete dev requirements
- Must be able to document plans, designs, and thoughts for others to consume
- Must wear multiple hats and be able to do different tasks if required
- Must be a self-starter with a results mindset
- Must be able to collaborate effectively (able to share your vision, effectively engage peers, articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong)
- Experience working with the Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
- Must have strong knowledge of Java and effective C, C++Experience with Android Bootloader and A/B Updates
- Experience with Android HIDL and HAL services
- Experience with Android background services
- Experience with network programming and working with REST APIs
- Experience with databases and implementing content providers in Android
- Knowledge of Android internals and security mechanisms
- Full/Cross Stack development experience
- Love of tabletop games (had to be said)
ABOUT THE LAST GAMEBOARD, INC.
In 2018, avid tabletop gamers Shail Mehta and Tim Schukar had a vision for the future of tabletop gaming:
1) a commitment to building player and creator community
2) an obsession with great User Experience (UX) and
3) a fanatical focus on data security.
It is through these lenses that Gameboard was forged - the worldʼs first "all you can play" tabletop gaming platform that blends physical, digital, private screen and augmented reality to modernize your gameplay.