Full or part-time remote contract work. Rate based on abilities/experience.
We are a venture capital backed start-up with an active employee stock option pool. Equity option grants are a part of every position.
We are looking for a foundational team member to take charge of the entire product design process for Gameboard (hardware), Companion App (iOS/Android) and Website. You'll design solutions for both initial Go-to-Market iteration as well as ongoing enhancements and refinements. You'll work with TLG front-end developers and collaborate with marketing teams to ensure synergy between the brand and product. You'll need a Steve Jobs perfectionist mentality.
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
- Plan and run user tests and other design research to inform design decisions
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web and mobile apps
- Understand user needs Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints
Skills and requirements
- A strong command of contemporary design tools including Figma, Sketch and Invision
- Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Background in designing for mobile-first platforms
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- An understanding of design patterns
- A solid foundation in layout and design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Love of tabletop games
- GBB Profile
- Challenger Mindset
About the last gameboard, inc.:
In 2018, avid tabletop gamer Shail Mehta met with gaming hardware guru Rob Wyatt to vent over isolating technology trends and sub-standard gaming experiences. Out of that meeting, three fundamental, core values were born: 1) a commitment to building player and creator community 2) an obsession with great User Experience (UX) and 3) a fanatical focus on data security. It is through these lenses that Gameboard-1 was forged - the worldʼs first "all you can play" tabletop gaming platform that blends physical, digital, private screen and augmented reality to modernize your social gameplay.